Under the advice of my tutor at Norwich University of the Arts it was suggested that I create a mini-manifesto for the project to help shape and focus the final piece. This is it.
- I will use the sounds I have recorded already – no more audio recording as of this minute
- The project will be 2:30 mins long
- The project will no longer use the video in combination with the sound, the visual shall now be only inspiration for the final audio only piece
- The sounds created will be my artistic interpretation of the events taking place in the video
- I will use synthesisers in combination with the sounds – if I feel it requires this
- The sounds I have recorded are all elemental in some way – these will be the basis of the piece
- Do not be afraid to distort, destroy, edit, and generally mould the sounds in a variety of different ways to create original sounds
- The piece will be a combination of sound design and composition
- I will use Ableton Live alongside Logic to create the project due to the organic way of working within the software and real time manipulation of the sound
- I will create a visual score to represent the structure of the sound for the piece
Click on the images to enlarge.